Day 4 – Chocolate Covered Whole Mango
Welcome to Day 4 of our 15-day series through my collection of easy but healthy recipes! Today, I am so excited to present you with an EPIC treat that brings together the sweetness of ripe mango and the richness of chocolate – Chocolate Covered Mango! This easy-to-make recipe is not only a great way to enjoy those overripe mangoes sitting in your fridge but also a fun and delightful treat that will appeal to kids and adults alike. So, let’s dive right in and discover the magic behind this tropical fusion!
Why Chocolate Covered Mango?
The combination of luscious mango and velvety chocolate is simply unbeatable. If you’ve never tried chocolate covered mango (I know, it’s definitely not as popular as chocolate covered strawberries or bananas), you HAVE to give it a try! The naturally sweet and juicy mango pairs perfectly with the decadent chocolate, creating a symphony of flavours that will make your taste buds dance with joy. The contrasting textures of the creamy chocolate shell and the juicy mango flesh add an extra dimension to this delightful treat. I love it when I bite into the chocolate shell and then all the mango juices just come bursting out. 😀
Health Benefits of Mango:
- Rich in Vitamins: Mangoes are a fantastic source of essential vitamins, including Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and Vitamin E, which are crucial for supporting the immune system and maintaining healthy skin and vision
- Antioxidant Powerhouse: These tropical fruits are loaded with antioxidants like beta-carotene and polyphenols, which help combat oxidative stress and protect your cells from damage
- Digestive Aid: Mangoes are rich in dietary fiber, which aids digestion and promotes a healthy gut
- Hydration Boost: With their high water content, mangoes help keep you hydrated and refreshed, especially during hot weather
- Heart Health: Mangoes contain potassium, which supports heart health by regulating blood pressure and promoting proper heart function
???????? DAY 4 of 15 – HEALTHY RECIPES This EPIC Chocolate covered Mango is a winner ???????? I literally thought of this because I had extra mango in the fridge that was getting way too ripe and wanted to find a fun way to eat it ???? The recipe is so easy and I’m sure kids will love this too! ???? ???? Follow @eatingwithkirby and join my channel (in bio) to get the recipe on all 15 DAYS of my Easy Healthy Recipes ???? ✨ RECIPE: • 1 ripe mango • 1/2 cup of chocolate ( I use random chocolates I have at home) • 1 pair of wooden chopsticks Make a small cut on the top of the mango and gently peel the skin off. Insert a wooden chopstick on both sides of the mango seed/pit. Insert it as far as you can without it poking through the other side. Hold the chopsticks and the mango should feel secure and not wobbly. Heat chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments until all melted. Feel free to use random chocolates or break up chocolate bars you have at home. Cover the whole mango with chocolate and freeze for 30-45 minutes to get a crunchy chocolate shell. Enjoy! ???? #foodhack #chocolatecoveredmango #easyrecipe #healthyrecipe #15daysofhealthyrecipes #mango #kidfriendly #healthydessert #mango
Check out more 15 Days of Easy Healthy Recipes!
- Day 1 – Low Carb Rice Paper BLT Wrap (Viral recipe!)
- Day 2 – Easy Accordian Cucumber Salad (fun to eat)
- Day 3 – Three Ingredient Mochi Waffles!
Want more easy healthy recipes like this? Here are some of my go-to recipes that I’m sure you’ll love!
- Viral Sushi Bomb Spring Rolls (Kid Friendly)
- Delicious Mochi Brownie Recipe (super easy)
- Easy MATCHA Mochi Brownie Recipe (for matcha lovers)
Chocolate Covered Whole Mango
- 1 pair of wooden chopsticks
- 1 mango the riper the better!
- 1/2 cup chocolate feel free to use random chocolates you have at home
- Begin by making a small cut on the top of the mango and gently peel off the skin. This will expose the juicy mango flesh.
- Take the wooden chopsticks and insert them on both sides of the mango seed or pit. Ensure that the chopsticks are inserted as far as possible without poking through the other side. This will hold the mango securely and prevent it from wobbling.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate in 30-second increments until it turns smooth and creamy. Feel free to use any random chocolates you have at home or break up chocolate bars to use for this recipe.
- Once the chocolate is ready, cover the entire mango with the melted chocolate, ensuring an even and smooth coating.
- Place the chocolate-covered mango in the freezer for 30-45 minutes. This will create a crunchy chocolate shell that complements the soft and juicy mango inside.
- Once the chocolate has set, take out the mango from the freezer and get ready to indulge in this delectable tropical treat!
And there you have it – a simple yet extraordinary Chocolate Covered Mango recipe that’s sure to satisfy your sweet cravings in a healthier way!
Remember, this is just Day 4 of our 15-days of Easy Healthy Recipes, so make sure to follow @eatingwithkirby and join my newsletter (right side bar) to get all the recipes in my series.
Happy cooking! ?