I am so excited to be partnering with The Big Social this year to fundraise for low-income communities while bringing people together with food. Community Food Centres Canada (CFCC) launched The Big Social in 2019 and since then, they’ve had over 1,100 hosts and donors in 270+ communities join in!
This year, at a time when food insecurity is rising, we need to come together more than ever. Whether it’s in person or online, we can all find ways to give back during these unprecedented times.
Every day, 1 in 7 Canadians struggle to put good food on the table.
During COVID-19, food insecurity has increased by 39%. It’s challenging enough to isolate in a well-stocked home. But for the many Canadians struggling to get by, there’s a heightened sense of anxiety. When people can’t afford good food, the problems stack up. Poor nutrition, isolation and declining physical and mental health take a huge toll on people’s lives.
Funds raised from The Big Social will:
- Provide good food to those disproportionately affected by COVID-19
- Run virtual nutrition + cooking programs for kids and adults
- Support community members to take civic action to address the systemic factors at the root of food insecurity
Here is how you can help:
- Go to bigsocial.ca to register to host a fundraiser in October.
- Set a fundraising goal and personalize your event page.
- Invite family and friends to check out your Big Social page and make a donation.
Once you register, you’ll receive a Welcome Kit with inspiring stories, helpful tips and fun ideas to take your fundraising efforts to the next level!
If you don’t want to set up your own, page but want to donate to this amazing cause, visit my Fundraising page and donate!