Guess what!! I have the PERFECT scrambled eggs recipe for you.😲
It’s not exactly my recipe (it’s Chef Gordon Ramsay’s Elevated Perfect Scrambled Eggs recipe), but because it tastes soooo good, I just had to share! I made some minor modifications like adding Shaughnessy Truffle Salt from Valley Salt Co (truffle on eggs? OH YES.❤), and leaving out the creme fraiche and sea urchin. But other than that, trust me, you’ll want to use this recipe for all your scrambled egg needs in the future.
The key here is making sure you use a rubber spatula and a non-stick saucepan for this. The non-stick saucepan makes it easy to stir constantly, and the rubber spatula is useful for scraping the sides (unlike a wooden spoon that doesn’t do it cleanly).
Before we get to the recipe, this blog post is in partnership with Fraser Valley Salt Co. They are an incredible local Vancouver company started by 2 guys (Rob & Renold) who started this business during COVID in hopes of bringing bomb seasonings to the local market. Think SMOKE. ROSEMARY. BACON. Yes, each of their carefully curated salt seasonings are super PACKED with flavour.
Here is a sampling of the salts they sell. From left to right:
Rodeo Bacon Salt – there’s actually double smoked bacon bits in this sea salt mix, and it is AMAZINGGG. Put this on eggs, mashed potatoes, or corn chowder? OMG I’m already drooling.
Farmers Rosemary Salt – this is no ordinary rosemary salt. The fresh sage and rosemary are local (from the Fraser Valley) and you can really taste the difference. If you like to bake bagels, breads, or focaccia bread, use this and it’ll take your dough to a whole ‘nother level.
Shaughnessy Truffle Salt – you can elevate any dish with this truffle finishing salt. It is aromatic beyond belief and if you’re a truffle fanatic like me, you’ll be using this on everything (did someone say…. truffle popcorn?!🤯).
BBQ Hickory Smoked Salt – they infused their flavouring salt with smoke to give you this punchy, rich blend perfect for red meats, seafood, and dishes like mac and cheese. But even for vegetarians, I think this seasoning would be perfect for veggies if you want the flavours of meaty BBQ without actually consuming meat.
Ok, let’s get on to the recipe.
Gordon Ramsay Scrambled Eggs w/ Truffle Salt Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Portion: 1-2 servings
– 1 slice of toast or sourdough bread (toasted)
– 4 large eggs
– 3 tbsp butter
– 2 tbsp chives (finely chopped)
– 1 tsp Shaughnessy Truffle Salt from Fraser Valley Salt Co
– 1 tsp cracked black pepper
1. On your kitchen counter (so not on the stove yet), add 4 eggs into a small nonstick saucepan. Add butter.
2. Over medium heat, place saucepan on burner and start whisking eggs and butter continuously with a rubber spatula. Make sure to use a rubber spatula and not a wooden spoon.
3. Once butter has all melted, continue stirring the eggs with your spatula while bringing your saucepan off the burner for 20 seconds, and on the burner for 90 seconds. This will keep your scrambled eggs from overcooking.
4. Continue cooking the eggs on the burner, and then off the burner until the eggs are 80% cooked through.
5. Take saucepan off the heat and continue stirring and cooking the eggs with the residual heat from the pan.
6. Add chopped chives, Shaughnessy Truffle Salt, and cracked black pepper. Stir to combine.
7. Taste eggs and adjust seasoning to your liking. Spoon scrambled eggs onto your slice of bread.
I hope you give this recipe and the salts a try. It truly is an amazing pairing, and I would not be promoting this if I didn’t think the salts were BOMB!! 🔥❤
For 10% off your purchase, use “KIRBY10” at checkout or just click this link here (discount will be automatically applied).
Disclaimer: Thank you to Fraser Valley Salt Co. for sponsoring this blog post and for allowing me to create awesome content for you guys. All opinions are my own.