So first off, cut a regular banana into chunks and put them in the freezer. Once it is frozen, put the chunks into a food processor or blender. In my case, I used a blender. Then blend it up until it is smooth and creamy and voila!
The final product will look like this. I added some chocolate chips to give it a bit of crunch. 😀 Plus, who doesn’t love chocolate chips in their ‘ice-cream’. Haha
- Blend the banana with some skim or regular milk to make it creamier
- Add a tablespoon (or two) of peanut butter to make it taste like peanut butter ice cream 😀 yummm
- Stir in chocolate chips, nuts, or cookie pieces to make it more like ice-cream
- Add in a cup of flavorless protein powder if you want it as a post workout snack
- Blend with greek or regular yogurt for an even creamier consistency
- Spices such as cinnamon or cocoa powder can give your ‘ice-cream’ a whole different taste