Kale is a vegetable closely related to the wild cabbage and can be in the form of green or purple leaves. The leaves are thick, textured, and perfect for eating raw or cooking. Kale is being called "the queen of greens" due to its powerhouse nutritional benefits.
Look for thick textured leaves vibrant in colour. If it feels limp or looks like it's yellowing on the edges, leave it.
1) Wash your kale leaves thoroughly in cold water. Make sure you hit all the areas between the leafy edges where dirt can hide.
- Healthy Banana Bread Recipe here
- Berry Greek Yogurt Recipe here
- Apple Pie Baked in Apple Recipe here
- Mango and Avocado Quinoa Salad with Blackened Shrimp Recipe here